Monday, September 15, 2008

A trip to the zoo.

Oh how I love the zoo! It amazes me how different it is from the zoo I remember as a child. When I walk through the great exhibits like the Desert Dome and the Butterfly Pavilion, I don't know how or why I ever got excited about ground squirrels or yaks. :)

My sister and niece decided to join us this time. Mark and I don't have kids, so visiting the zoo is quite a different experience with a 6 year old. Although, Elise is a great kid who mostly listens, and only gets overly excited from time to time. The weather was perfect, and we all had a great time. That is, until a bird pooped on my camera.

Yes. Bird doo-doo. We had stopped for a little break and to get some water, I had my camera around my neck, when "SPLAT"! Oh come on! I was somewhat stunned, pretty grossed out, yet thankful it was the camera and not my hair or clothes. That probably would set off the waterworks. Anywho... Mark, my knight in shining armor, ran off to get napkins so I could clean up. I did my best to get every little crevice cleaned and poop free. Yuck.

Luckily that was the big debacle of the day. Oh. Wait. I forgot about Elise running up to Mark to get the napkins, not stopping, running into and bouncing off Mark into the pavement. Oh boy. I think it scared her more than hurt her, since she just had a little red mark on her elbow. Mark felt horrible, even though it wasn't his fault. So, to make it up to her, all he had to do was give her a piggy back ride to the next place we were stopping. It worked like a charm. :)

~ Melissa

No comments: